Millennials will shortly be dominating the workforce and the way they work is very different than previous generations. It’s imperative for organizations to have a Millennial and Generation Z strategy to attract, engage and retain these generations.
Here are 7 tips to ensure your organization is Millennial and Generation Z Friendly:
- Company culture trumps salary and perks and must allow for the flexibility and mobility that the Millennial and Generation Z generations demand.
- The onboarding process needs to start before staff join and should be focused on what matters to these generations (mission and values, career and personal development) as well as designed for how they consume information.
- Organizations are often slow in understanding the importance of the Front Line Managers in retention. Ensure you train, development and coach them.
- Setting clear expectations for performance and ensure there is constant two-way feedback. The Millennial and Generation Z generations must feel valued and listened to within the workplace.
- Provide career progression through career paths, mentoring, coaching and employee development opportunities.
- With the average tenure of 2 years, it’s essential that organizations have a retention strategy. Gathering insights into why employees are leaving so you can improve those aspects of the organization, retaining your employees and reducing the high cost of turnover.
- The importance of including Boomerang employees to an organization’s Talent Management Strategy.
Talivest is tailored to engage with Millennials. Our solution can help organisation’s understand why employees are leaving, stay connected with them and re-hire high performing millennial alumni. This results in reducing recruitment cost, boosting productivity and bolstering your company’s innovation pool. A combination of work practice innovation and Talivest will bring top performers back into your company.